Dear Parents and Guardians,
As our school year draws to a close, we thank you for your patience and understanding as we made an abrupt shift to remote learning. Thank you to our teachers for adapting and providing continued instruction and support during these past four months. We hope you have been reassured by our school staff that we can be successful during extremely challenging times.
The decision to reopen school this fall rests with Governor Murphy. Please know that we will be prepared to either open our doors to our students or resume remote learning with a renewed dedication and strategy for student achievement.
This September, we are pleased to announce our 1:1 Chromebook initiative where each student will receive a school issued Chromebook. This is our effort to ensure all students have access to our remote learning materials. The Chromebooks are for remote learning and for use when we reopen and welcome students back to our classrooms. More information will follow during the summer months.
For your information:
- June 18: Last day of classes for students.
- June 18 @ 6:30 p.m.: Class of 2020 Virtual Graduation presentations for Oakcrest, Absegami and Cedar Creek will begin at 6:00 p.m. Visit you school website to access the link. School principals will also email an invitation to all families on June 17.
- June 19: Last day for staff. Teachers will be available to respond to messages until 2:30 p.m. Guidance Counselors will be available all summer.
- Report Cards: Grades will be posted in Genesis on June 19th at 4:00 p.m. and mailed home on June 24th.
- Meal Distribution: Monday and Thursday meal distribution will continue, uninterrupted, all summer.
- July 8: Class of 2020 In-Person Graduation Celebration at each school. Details will be emailed to all graduates on June 24. COVID 19 restrictions remain in place and we must follow very strict guidelines. We have organized an outdoor celebration where each graduate may invite four guests. Graduates will be separated into three groups and scheduled for a 2:00, 4:00 or 6:00 p.m. ceremony. Our rain date will be July 9.
- Fall Sports: When Governor Murphy decides if fall sports are able to occur, we will email you information immediately.
- Clubs and Activities: Activity Advisors will communicate directly with students regarding any important planning information necessary for the summer activities or early fall.
- School Summer Hours: Pandemic precautions continue. School will be closed to the public; however, staff will be available to address questions and concerns Monday - Thursday throughout the summer, from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Limited appointments will be considered. Summer staff contact information will be emailed home.
I know our entire school community is united in our pride and congratulations to our seniors, members of the Class of 2020- your spirit and resilience shines bright for all to see. On behalf our Board of Education, Faculty and Staff, we wish you the best of health and happiness in your future. It is our hope that you look upon your high school experience fondly and as a complete four years. You have much to be proud of – Congratulations!
Best wishes to all for a safe and restful summer.