Degrees and Certifications:
AA in Literature BA in Literature 48 Masters Credits in Educational Theory
Mr. Alten has been a teacher with the Greater Egg Harbor Regional High School District since September, 2000. In addition to teaching all levels of English he has also taught Creative Writing, Film Appreciation, Freshmen Seminar and Rhetoric. Mr. Alten also co-created the Absegami Film Institute. Currently, Mr. Alten teaches Midnight Literature and Freshman English at Oakcrest High School.
- Respect other people in all things.
- NO CHEATING. Any plagiarized work will be a zero that cannot be made up. Cheating on a test will also result in a zero and a phone call home.
- If you are given a teacher detention you will have two (2) weeks to serve it before it becomes a referral. It is your responsibility to keep track of and attend assigned detentions.
- Late work will adhere to district standards.
- It is the student’s responsibility to make up missed work and/or tests. If you are absent then YOU must find out what you missed and arrange to re-take it.
- No obscenities. No masked obscenities.
- If work is illegible it is wrong.
- If you fail a pop quiz, you cannot make it up.
- Any and all electronic devices are to be turned off unless you have Mr. Alten’s permission to use them.
- One bathroom pass per week.
- All work is to be in standard, grammatically correct English.
Additional Online Expectations
- Dress appropriately
- Be in camera view
- Keep camera a natural distance from your face
- NO eating (even if muted)
Be On Time
- Plan ahead
- Log on a few minutes before the start of a meeting
- Don’t be late and cause distraction
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Find a quiet place
- Make sure no personal information is in view
- Use good lighting
- Mute yourself when someone else is speaking
- Raise your hand or type questions in the chat
- Don’t monopolize the meeting
- Be kind
- Use a charged device
- Turn on the camera
- Use headphones if you have them
- Be attentive
- Be focused
- Engage and actively participate with meaningful contributions
- Ask questions if necessary
- Don’t just silently observe
What you will need for class:
- Chromebook or computer
- Due assignments