Phone: 609-909-2600 ext 5100
Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. Mathematics Stockton State College
Mr. Richard Adkisson
Welcome to my webpage.
I have been teaching and coaching at Oakcrest since 1984. Yes, a really long time.
I have coached Soccer, Basketball, and currently the Head Coach for Cross Country, the Assistant Coach for Winter Track and Boy's Spring Track.
I look forward to teaching, guiding, and helping you through your mathematical needs for the 2021 - 2022 school year.
All Classwork will be assigned through your child's Google Classroom.
The best and quickest way to contact me is by email : firstname.lastname@example.org
You can leave a phone message: 609-909-2600 ext 5100
Details and Course Materials
Expectations and Grading
As we are all living through unprecedented times, I'm so excited to start this school year and help you through your Mathimatical journey. There will be many ups and downs this year with your understanding of the material, and school. With that said, my classes usually evolve as we go. You will need to take control of your learning. If you are struggling to understanding the material that we are covering, then you will need to ask questions, set up a time to meet with me and go over your solutions to see why you are struggling.
Remember I am here to help you though the material, but you need
All work will be posted through our Class's Google Classroom
Google Classroom Calendar Linkes are attached to each subject's page on this site.
Class Time Procedures:
- Complete any video lessons and assigned problems before your class.
- Take notes and participate by completing the practice problems.
- Ask questions, if you don’t understand the material.
- Complete the Exit Ticket for that lesson
- As stated on the materials & grading policy sheet, we will be using the
District’s Grading scale:
60% Assessments, 40% Assignments
We will be following the District's Academic Integrity Policy:
- The school Academic Integrity Policy is in place, there will be no copying or cheating in this class. If you do not understand something please ask, I will be happy to explain a concept and help you with your work. If I find that you have cheated on an assessment/major assignment you will receive a zero for the assignment and must retake the assignment within the guidelines of the school's academic integrity policy. I will also submit the academic integrity violation form for your file.
- Working together is very beneficial to the learning process, but you must contribute to your own work, especially on assessments
Retest and Corrections:
On occasion, I may see the need for a student to take a retake a test or to make corrections to a test and resubmit. This will be at my discretion. If given the option to retest, the test will be graded as the original. If given the option to make corrections, the students will be given partial credit for each correct corrected answer that credit will be added to their original grade.
- Attendance in this class is very important as each day’s information will build from the previous day’s lesson. If you miss too many days in a row you will have a very hard time catching up.
- You are responsible for getting all the notes and homework that were missed. Everything will be made available on your class’s google classroom. Please check the site on a regular basis, especially when absent.
- You are still responsible for completing work that you have missed.
Late work:The expectation is that what work I give you is for you to show me that you understand the material we have covered.
- Having said that, I understand there will be times when your work might be completed a little late.
- So here are my thoughts: If there are instances where the work is late and unexcused but the work shows understanding of the material, the work will lose a couple of points for being late but never receive a grade below 60%.
( Exceptions to be made for IEP/504 plans or teacher discretion due to extenuating circumstances.)
Welcome Back 2021 - 2022