Financial Aid Information
Absegami will host a presentation by the Higher Education Student Assistance Authority (HESAA) to discuss the financial aid process including eligibility, expected family contribution (EFC), sources of aid, and the application process on Thursday, October 18, 2018 in the PAC. This presentation would be great for families of current seniors who will be beginning the financial aid process this year and current juniors who would like to begin to gather information and further their understanding of this process prior to senior year.
As a follow up to our financial aid night, on Thursday, November 1 at 6:30pm in the Absegami Library, we will host a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) workshop where parent/guardians of our seniors will have the opportunity to bring their financial documents and complete their FAFSA with the support and guidance of a representative from HESAA. This is an opportunity to have any questions answered and leave with your FAFSA complete and filed for students attending college in the fall of 2019.
Documents needed to complete your FAFSA, please bring with you November 1...
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your most recent federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically (created at studentaid.gov/fsaid)
See HESAA Financial Aid Powerpoint for additional information or powerpoint below...